Friday 3 August 2012

"I Feel Like A Wilted Gerbera!"



Oh the hot sticky humidity of a midsummer's day.  No matter how many fans you have blowing it seems like you can't stop sweating.  At one point in the flower shop today I said "I feel like a wilted gerbera daisy."  Upon which I was reminded that to revive a wilted gerbera you cut off the stem, plunge it in fresh water, and give it a good misting with the spray bottle and pop it in the fridge. Thankfully, no one "refreshed" me quite that way...

And then someone said, "you ARE like a gerbera daisy - colourful, playful and fun.  If you were a flower, you would be a bright purple gerbera daisy."  I love that idea.  Every flower communicates a different feeling and experience to the person who is viewing it, much like individual paintings in the gallery.  I started thinking about my friends and what flowers they might all be based on their characteristics.

So if you were a flower, what flower would you be?


No comments:

Post a Comment